Sunday 13 May 2012

Spring Into Action...

Spring Into Action...

What’s happening people!

You know when you haven’t heard from me in a little bit, it means that I've been working hard. This time around it’s been no different whatsoever. Right now, I'm going to give you guys a little catch up on what I’ve been getting up to...


So here we go, in no particular order, check how we've been cruising down LekLane.

I've had the opportunity to place some beats to a pretty-well known and respected young R&B/Neo-Soul singer. It’s all for an upcoming project that she’ll be working on and knowing her calibre, there will be some big name artists/producers on that project as well. If I'm fortunate to get myself on there then that’s going to be another pretty good step in the right direction.

As I am sure you're familiar with by now, I am a part of R2S; the now 14-strong hip hop collective reigning from West London. January of this year saw the release of the long awaited mixtape, The Rebelution Part 1 (you got that yet?). Well, this month we've started the mixing process for the eagerly anticipated follow up, The Rebelution Part 2. This is shaping up to become one of the most powerful and professionally executed mixtapes to come out of the UK Hip Hop scene this year. Myself, Krome and Evo AC (the same trio that did the mixing and mastering for the ‘KROnicles Of IntelLEK’ mixtape) have started to work on these songs. With hot tracks from all the members that you’re already familiar with, there’s also new fire from the newest members of the group: Seta Trend, Trix City, and Evo AC. Closer to the release date, there will be more preview tracks being uploaded but until then, here’s a reminder of that preview I shared with you guys a little while back.


'Why Don’t They Know' features Myself, Seta, Trix. Up and coming vocalist CC provides a magical gloss for the chorus... 


I also had a meeting with R2S's TaYshan about my acting role in one of his videos, where we sat down and went through the script and storyboard that he wrote. We already had some filming done from previous shoots so this meeting was a bit more about the direction etc. We’ve got a lot more in store for you with that project than even I had realised, so I can’t wait for it to all start! Make sure you look out for TaYshan’sSparta’ video coming real soon!

You’ll be glad to know that I am working on my next solo project as well. I’ve been getting down to a lot of writing and beat selection etc. and although I've not selected a title or a release date just as yet, there’s one thing that I can guarantee right now though:

'Str8 Out Da Oven'
available for Download from 'The Food'








after the feedback from 'Hold Up Ur Lighter'
off of the 'Str8 Out Da Oven' mixtape...












'The Raise EP'
also available from 'The Food'









and ‘The Block
off ‘The Raise EP’...










I’ll be making sure to have more of my own productions on this project.

And that’s basically it! There’s a bit more info I could give you; but then the people signed up to my Membership wouldn't be getting exclusive info and where’s the fun in spoiling all the surprises right away anyway, lol!


Before I go, I’ll just say that I’ve been working on some stuff that people would not expect from me, which I think you guys will enjoy. Im not going to give a clue about whether it’s a new song, new productions or even if it’s got to do with music at all ;)

1Love
Lek

No comments:

Post a Comment